Friday, October 2, 2009

Here are a few photos Billy sent me from the studio today.


When the cat is away the rat in a cage will play.

I am in L.A. for my daughters 6th birthday and will be back in Chicago this Sunday night. Just wanted to give you a quick update on what is going on in the studio. The word from Billy is "yesterday was an awesome day" he tracked lead guitar, piano, and organ on song number 2. Today he recorded the vocals. So it looks like when I get back to Chicago we start tracking song number 3!
Have a great weekend.
LOVE K.B.

9 comments:

Randy Row said...

Nice! I hope you all have the first EP + worth of songs by the time song #1 comes out!

Matt Sevrens said...

family is always more important than work

Anonymous said...

That's really nice that you were there for her birthday!

The suspense is just killing me... But I love it! ; )

Really exciting!

Unknown said...

Those 3 mic's in the first picture.. Are those to simultaneously record Billy's vocals? Elvis also recorded his voice with 3 mics on Love Me Tender I believe...

Menrad said...

Thanks again for this update. It's good to see that everything's going fine. You're a real bunch of hardworkers and I can't wait to hear the result of your work !

gyang333 said...

I am so excited for the new stuff, I've been telling everyone I can that this new body of work will be the renaissance of the Smashing Pumpkins and redemption for Billy from all those nay-sayers.

With that said, thanks for the updates Kerry!

Steve said...

Hope you have a great time with the family! Thanks for the updates.

Unknown said...

There has been more than a handful of great albums released this year, but I think this Pumpkins material will take the cake. It usually does... 2009 has been a great year for music, and on into 2010 we roll..........................

DevinCReilly said...

Is that cab w/out the grill, the Sound City cab?